Jeff Crukley, PhD
A geek dedicated to helping you
Through a decade as an industry scientist and university instructor, I grew fascinated with how we handled data and presented analyses. The more I learned, the more convinced I became: we can and must do so much better. Thoughtful research design, proper data analyses, and meaningful communication of results matter more now than ever. My fascination with data science and statistics became an obsession, and I became a freelance consultant, contractor, and collaborator to work with diverse researchers to support their efforts.
I focus exclusively on statistics and data science, working with academic and industry researchers who want to demonstrate impacts they suspect are occurring, and that they are struggling to show meaningfully through their own statistical repertoires. While I am somewhat domain-agnostic, I do bring domain expertise in communication sciences and wearable medical devices, and considerable experience working in health professions education, basic sciences, and epidemiology. Yet you, the researcher, are the busy domain expert and it is my job to continually learn and practice the latest in statistical and data science.
Ideally, you're at the start of a research project and I can help optimize your design with data analyses in mind. But if you already have your data, I will work with you to maximize what you've got. While I can adapt to suit your preferences, I will probably try to convince you to let me work in R and Stan, and to consider a Bayesian approach.
For more information including sample statistical reports, data visualizations, manuscripts, testimonials, service and pricing details, get in touch!
Whether you are in basic, social, or applied sciences, generating meaningful data, conducting appropriate analyses, and creating compelling visualizations -- founded on rigorous research designs -- is paramount for the integrity and impact of your work.
Current Academic Affiliations:
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Dept of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour, Faculty of Science, McMaster University
- Adjunct Lecturer, Dept of Speech-Language Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Adjunct Lecturer, Institute of Health Policy, Management & Evaluation, University of Toronto
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Medical Biophysics, Brain & Mind Institute, 2013
- PhD, Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, Western University, 2011
- MSc, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Western University, 2007
- BSc (Hons), Biology & Psychology, McMaster University, 2000